Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Midwest is for lovers

I went to the coffee shop across from work this morning to grab a breakfast sandwich and a coffee. When I was paying I handed the girl my card and she says "OHMIGOD" and I say "yeah it warped in the sun." (before I left for new york I left my wallet in my car, sitting in the sun, and all of my cards look like I set them on fire.) And she says "mid west!" Then I realize she is referring to the 5/3 logo on my card. She asks where I'm from and I tell her Michigan, and she says "Me too!! Royal Oak!" How weird. I told her to go home for the holidays, her family wants to see her, waved and left. I hope she goes home, she looked like she missed the mitten state.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so sweet. We Michiganders are taking over the world one coffee shop at a time.

    ReplyDelete