Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Debbie Downer Moment

My friend/ old room mate Sean called me today while I was at work, this is odd because usually we keep in contact mainly through insults on facebook. Curiosity peaked. I called him back when I got home, and he had really awful news. Matt Miller, an old college "friend" had passed away from cancer at the ripe old age of 26 (maybe). I knew Matt because we lived on the same floor in the dorm, he roomed with Sean. We also saw each other on occasion after that year due to mutual friends, and eventually I ended up subletting his bedroom in an overpriced Kalamazoo apartment. We never spoke often, as we didn't have too much in common other than the people we knew, but he was a good man, with a big heart. Matt is the 2nd young person that I've know personally to have died of cancer. The other was my kindergarten "boyfriend" who died shortly after high school graduation.

It's unfortunate to have that kind of wake up call to realize how short life really is. I love where I'm at right now. No regrets.

I'm not sure what I thought I would accomplish by posting this, maybe I did it just because I could.

On another note, I have the apartment all to myself tonight. Win.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear of your sad news. Sending good vibes your way.

    Seize the day!

    And, "score" on the apartment this evening.

    ReplyDelete